SKINCARE WISHLIST (BASICALLY ALL THE HONEY PRODUCTS I’M LUSTING OVER)





I am eyeing a lot of beauty products to try this season and I cannot decide if I should get them or not. As of now, my skincare routine is on point and the products I'm using are harmoniously working together to maintain my skin barrier.

So, we can say that my skin doesn't really need these products but I still WANT them regardless. The sad truth is I can never have enough skincare products (and shoes).

With this dilemma in my head, I decided to make a blog post out of it. Maybe there would be a person out there who would either convince me or talk me out of purchasing these. We shall see!

HONEY-BASED AND PROPOLIS-BASED PRODUCTS

In skincare, honey and propolis are usually formulated together. Many years ago, I actually thought they are one and the same. They are actually not.

Honey is the sweet liquid we get from bees. Propolis, on the other hand, is actually the bee glue that keeps the beehive intact. They are present in small quantities in beeswax but they are usually collected from the trees surrounding the beehive. Both honey and propolis have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which I think makes them suitable for my acne-prone skin.

I have only tried two honey products in my life - the COSRx Honey Sleeping Mask and the Skinfood Black Sugar Honey Wash-Off Mask. These products have given me moisture for daysssss. I was thinking to add a more concentrated honey serum in my routine now that winter has come.

I've long been considering Skinfood Royal Honey Propolis Enrich Essence but I also saw the Leegeeham Vita Propolis Ampuole and lusted over it's brightening property. So now, I am just torn between the two even if they don't even give the same effect. According to the various reviews that I have read, the Skinfood one is on the hydrating side while the LGH one is more on the brightening side. 

Which one do you think I should get? Maybe take both?

THE FRIGGIN' WHOLE IM FROM LINE

Aestheticcccc.
Also, I'm curious to try the I'm From Honey Mask (You guys, I might be obsessed with honey), the I'm From Vitamin Tree Mask, and the recently launched I'm From Rice Toner.

I've watched this brand grow from just the honey and the vitamin tree products to a whole assortment of interesting products. The brand has three promises - ingredient transparency, honest materials, and no harmful additives. You kinda get that vibe through their clean and simple packaging. Also, they have this kind of minimalistic formulation that tends to focus on one main ingredient compared to others that contain like 20 main ingredients in one formulation. As a consumer, I find it interesting to find a no-fuss product in a saturated world of skincare.


MOISTURIZERS

Of all the products that I listed here, this might be the most plausible one that I might need. I am currently on the nth tube of my HG moisturizer, the La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5, and I'm really happy with it. It has never let me down and I will never stop using it. Just for the fall and winter season, I wanted to shake things up a bit and try a new moisturizer. I heard a lot of good things about the Embryolisse Concentrated 24 Hour Miracle Cream and I know it has a cult following but it might be too rich for my skin type. Ceramol 311, on the other hand, sounds very promising with the 311 complex (ceramide 3, cholesterol and fatty acids) which helps rebuild and maintains the skin barrier. It is the same ratio of essential lipids naturally found on healthy, uncompromised skin so it would work very well to dry, dehydrated, irritated skin to provide the missing component to normalize the skin's water and oil balance. 

The demi-hoarder in me wants to try both just to find out what really works for me. It's so difficult to choose just one!


COLOR CORRECTING CREAMS

I apply foundation every day because I have a lot of hyperpigmentations. I do know that applying make up every day is not good for the skin and I would really be the happiest person on earth if I don't have to use foundation every single day.

I happened to stumble upon two "treatment creams" - the Dr. Jart Cicapair Re-Cover Treatment and the Erborian CC Red Correct. Both products are infused with the botanical extract of Centella asiatica for it's repairing and soothing property. I mean, skincare with coverage? Hell yes!


What do you guys think? Let me know which ones are worth the try and which ones I should just forget about. 

'Til my next post, ciao! xx



SHOP THE BLOG POST



Comments

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)