PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: INFAILLIBLE (INFALLIBLE) 24-HR MAT FOUNDATION REVIEW




I'm probably years too late on this but I wanted to share my thoughts and experience of using the L'oreal Infaillible (Infallible) 24-hr Mat Foundation.

I've watched a lot of reviews on YouTube and I've read a ton of reviews saying that it is suitable for oily skin and most reviewers with oily skin even say that it's their go-to foundation.

I, myself, have oily skin and this foundation has quickly become one of my fall/winter favourites. 

Let me tell you why.

THINGS I LIKE ABOUT IT
Considering it is a drugstore product that delivers a matte finish, I was actually expecting either a very thick, almost mouse-y formula or a very thin fluid that dries out quickly. I was wrong. It has a thin but creamy formula that spreads easily on the skin. It blends out smoothly and does not dry quickly. The coverage is full and the best part is that it feels lightweight and looks so natural too. 

Another thing I like about this foundation is the glow it gives me. It's matte but it's not flat but I'm not talking about "glass-skin" like glow. I cannot quite explain it but it kinda lifts my face up and makes me look radiant. None of my currently-owned foundations give that effect that's why I'm holding on to this forever!

I also like its affordability. It's not expensive but it performs well. I got it from the local drugstore for EUR 10 with a free Infaillible Powder Foundation.





THINGS I DON'T LIKE ABOUT IT
I'm really loving this foundation but there is just a few slightly off things about it that I think I should mention since this is a review.

It's longevity and oil-control.

I don't really mind the oil control that much because I could use a primer, a setting spray or a powder to correct that but keeping the foundation to stay on my face is a little harder to do.
I find that when I use it for a prolonged period of time (i.e. for 8+++ hours), most of the foundation would be gone at the end of the day. I'd see patches on my chin and around my mouth area as well as my forehead. A reason could be my thin application but sometimes when I have not that much to cover, I just want a thin layer to even out my overall tone. Most of the time, I don't have the need to wear foundation for prolonged hours anyway, so it is not a major issue.

Nevertheless, it's still a great foundation for me - performance-wise and price-wise.

I highly recommend it for those who have a combination to oily skin as an everyday foundation. 

Until next time, stay healthy and balanced! xx

P.S.
I find it cool and odd at the same time that the name of the Loreal foundation here in Italy was changed to Infaillible. At first, I thought it was a knock-off but upon investigating, it really is a L'oreal product.

If you want to keep up with my blog, follow me on bloglovin'.

Comments

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)